Costco Travel: a potential Bait and Switch Car rental????
I have tried three times to book a car through Costco car rental online reservations. Each time, I choose the car, go through the booking process, and check all the details (including, of course, the final price with all taxes, etc.) before hitting "confirm". As soon as I hit the "confirm" button, I get a pop-up message that says that my reservation is confirmed, BUT, it also says that the price has changed. When I check my email reservation confirmation, the price has gone up by 65%! (from 206.00 to 348.93). This has happened each time I tried, and with different car types.
They clearly and unambiguously state that there are cars available at a specific rate, and only upon confirmation of the booking do they disclose that the rate is NOT what they quoted, but will be an additional $142.00! That's not minor discrepancy. That is a classic example of a bait and switch scheme, in which a company advertises a low price for a product or service that is in low supply or not available.
Had this happened once, I would believe that it was just an unfortunate case of bad timing, and that I missed out on the lower price. But since this happened every time I tried to book, it is clear that they continue to advertise a price that they cannot or will not honor.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Price change after confirmation
- Unable to contact customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This was my Wife and I's first time flying international and to Mexico. Upon landing, headed through Mexico customs which wasn't a problem at all, be sure to fill out..."
- "A review of our incredible vacation at the Villa del Palmar Cabo..."
- "This was our first time using Bookvip.com and we are quite impressed with the excellent and timely way every encounter with them was handled. We were treated like VIP during..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "I just started buying Scentsy earlier this year. I love it and have had excellent customer service and superior products. I am sad to hear others have not had the..."
- "Got a call for an interview and did my research. Just do a Google search for Bankers Life and Casualty, then click each link, starting at #5 and work down...."
- "After using Wen all in one hair treatment I noticed more and more hair in the shower stall and the drain protector. Hair was all over the bathroom after towel..."