I have tried three times to book a car through Costco car rental online reservations. Each time, I choose the car, go through the booking process, and check all the details (including, of course, the final price with all taxes, etc.) before hitting "confirm". As soon as I hit the "confirm" button, I get a pop-up message that says that my reservation is confirmed, BUT, it also says that the price has changed. When I check my email reservation confirmation, the price has gone up by 65%! (from 206.00 to 348.93). This has happened each time I tried, and with different car types.

They clearly and unambiguously state that there are cars available at a specific rate, and only upon confirmation of the booking do they disclose that the rate is NOT what they quoted, but will be an additional $142.00! That's not minor discrepancy. That is a classic example of a bait and switch scheme, in which a company advertises a low price for a product or service that is in low supply or not available.

Had this happened once, I would believe that it was just an unfortunate case of bad timing, and that I missed out on the lower price. But since this happened every time I tried to book, it is clear that they continue to advertise a price that they cannot or will not honor.

This person wrote the review because of pricing issue of costco travel car rental from Costco Travel and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $142 and wants Costco Travel to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was price change after confirmation and unable to contact customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Costco Travel for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Costco Travel?

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #1264803

You need to remove Satellite Radio and Navigational System from your Budget Fastbreak. When you add your fastbreak number on the Costco Travel site, it automatically populates your preferences made with Budget. Hence the charge for the optional equipment.

cherger
to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #1265490

It doesn't matter if I add a Fast Break number or not - The same thing happens every time.