3.1
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I booked a flight to Maui leaving from San Antonio and paid $1,200 extra per ticket for a first class upgrade.Our outbound flight was cancelled and we were re-routed to Maui via Salt Lake City and Seattle in coach.

I contacted Costco Travel and requested a refund of 1/2 the upgrade cost since we flew coach all the way to Maui. Since I had purchased 2 tickets I expected a refund of $1,200. 7 weeks later Costco called me and offered $385. I refused and did some investigation - it turns out that Costco buys the tickets in bulk at a huge discount from Delta and sells them at a big profit, which is fine.

But they are only willing to refund the price they paid Delta and the price I paid them! If I buy a TV from Costco for $1,000 that didn't work I know they won't tell me they only paid $300 for it wholesale and it's not their fault it doesn't work so I only get $300 back.

That is exactly what Costco travel is trying to do to me.I did not however, have to wait more than 5 minutes on any call to speak to an agent and am still trying to resolve this issue.

Review about: Costco Travel Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Aston at the whaler.

I didn't like: Delta airlines.

Had an Experience with Costco Travel?

Comments

Did you read the terms and conditions prior to paying?

REFUNDS – Refund restrictions and policies for unused travel or vacation components vary by airline, by supplier, by season and according to promotional rules and are subject to applicable rules of each supplier.Trip protection premiums, airfare and some supplier fees are not refundable.

Please inquire about refunds at the time of booking, and prior to any revisions or cancellation.

By purchasing an airline ticket, the passenger agrees to the terms and conditions of the airlines' contract of carriage, which can be viewed on the airline's website. In all cases, airlines may change flight schedules, aircraft, seat assignments, and alter or omit stopping points en route. Such changes or omissions are at the sole discretion of the airline and are outside the control of Costco Travel. It is recommended that you reconfirm your flight information and check-in for your flights at the airline's website 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure.

Failure to use any portion of your airline reservation may result in automatic cancellation for all continuing and return flights.

- https://www.costcotravel.com/Info/Terms-And-Conditions

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1346653

Now you know why you should never buy an airline ticket or hotel reservation from a third party like Costco.Always book direct with the airline, etc.

You might wish to re-consider your Costco membership.Never understood why anyone would actually pay a yearly fee to shop at a store when competition abounds.